Why am I always tired?
How many times have we heard it through this?
Or googled it maybe?
Fatigue is a common symptom and can have many underlying causes.
So why are you feeling so tired?
Here is the most common cause of fatigue:
A common causes of fatigue that goes under the radar
When you react to an allergen your immune system activates its defence by releasing chemicals. These are called antibodies and they protect the body from external attacks.
Antibodies are present in most of your body cells including the skin, gut, and airways. It overworks most of our bodies and can be responsible for making us feel rundown.
Also, allergic reactions can cause symptoms such as congestion, coughing, and sneezing. It’s easy to recognise allergies as most people also get dark circles around their eyes. Allergy symptoms can also make sleep difficult, contributing to the tiredness already caused.
If you take medication for allergies, it’s also likely that they’re one of the causes of tiredness. It’s a very common side effect.
So what can you do to stop feeling so tired?
Limit or avoid exposure to allergens
Once you know your fatigue is allergy-related you need to take steps to avoid exposure.
Some common allergens include:
- dust mites
- animal dander
Taking the following steps can help limit exposure to these allergens:
- Clean and dust all living and working spaces regularly
- Add dust mite covers to mattresses, box covers, and pillows.
- Wash bedding every week.
- Deep clean your mattress with a Kirby
- Keep bathrooms well-ventilated to avoid dampness.
- If you see signs of mould have it removed urgently
- In bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, open the windows regularly, except during periods of high pollen.
- Vacuum regularly, especially if there are pets.
- Use an air purifier to filter the air after airing the place
- Avoid letting pets on furniture, especially beds.
- Brush and bathe pets weekly to reduce dander.
- Deep clean the filters in your air conditioning units
If you tackle the allergens in your home and become determined to clean the unseen your allergic reactions and fatigue will improve or disappear altogether (depending on which type affects you)
At Oxypure we offer a specialised service to detect and remove mould from your home. Message us on Facebook or call 356 99925000 or 356 21252000 to get your free screening.
Or email us at [email protected]